For 6-8 people:
Mince the bacon, the carrot, the onion, the celery and the garlic; cook slowly for about fifteen minutes.
- 1.1 lb ground beef
- 0.55 lb bacon (or real italian sausage)
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 celery rib
- 1 little garlic clove
- half a glass of white wine
- half a glass of milk (eliminates acidity)
- one tube of tomato concentrate
- two glasses of vegetable broth (you can also use the kind that comes as a powder that you dissolve in water)
- one bay leaf (optional)
Add the ground beef and mix with a wooden spoon until brown.
Add the white wine and let it evaporate.
Dissolve the tomato concentrate in the vegetable broth and pour the mixture in, mix well and wait until it simmers.
At this point add the milk and keep mixing, add a pinch of salt and the bay leaf and let it cook slowly for three-four hours, checking once in a while; add a little bit of broth if the sauce dries up too much.